Best way to learn French at your own pace : Mon Cours en Ligne
Alliance Française Ottawa offers you online French courses on the Mon Cours en Ligne platform to learn French from home. Mon Cours en Ligne is a complete and 100% online self studying program from the beginner level (A1) to the Advanced level (C1) of CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Each level of CEFR is divided into one or several courses (= sub-levels):
By registering for these online French courses:
- You have 6 months access to the platform
- You will be able to take advantage of online resources and discussion forums to exchange with other learners.
Learn French online at your own pace with a French teacher.
Learning French at your own pace with Mon cours en ligne does not mean that you will learn French on your own. You will be accompanied by your French tutor for each course for 14 online sessions on Zoom:
- 1st lesson (30 minutes): Meet your tutor and discover the learning program and platform.
- 12 exchange sessions (1 hour each): To practice with your tutor what you have learned independently, to practice oral interaction with your tutor, to complete oral assignments and to ask any questions you may have.
- Last lesson (30 minutes): Evaluation. The last session consists of taking stock of your skills with your tutor and also determining the next step in your learning.
| CEFR Levels
|11 MCEL Courses
|For 1 MCEL course :
||1st session (30 minutes): Orientation
12 online exchange sessions with your tutor (1 hour per session)
Last session (30 minutes): Evaluation and Orientation
|Self-studying period (3)
||+/- 60 hrs to 80 hrs
|(1) Yearly $45 administrative fees not included. No refund available for online classes.
(2) No online tutorial session can be planned after the 14 sessions in question, but you can schedule them more intensively (for example, instead of 12 sessions of 1 hour, you can plan 6 sessions of 2 hours).
(3) Each course lasts in average 14 weeks. The recommended rhythm for each course for level A1 is about 5 hours per week and 4 hours for levels A2, B1, B2 and C1.
Here is a video about Mon Cours En Ligne at Alliance Française Ottawa