New program for children aged 6 to 12
The Alliance Française Ottawa is launching the “Petits penseurs” program. This is an introductory philosophy workshop for children aged 6 to 12, whether they are French, English or FLE learners, even beginners.
It aims to support children in their learning of French but also in their cognitive, emotional, and social development. Indeed, as young as they may seem, children often have questions about certain aspects of life in general, such as the notion of right and wrong, tolerance, friendship, the perception of relationships and many other subjects. This one and a half hour monthly workshop is an excellent opportunity for children to make new friends, to think about the world in a different way, while developing their social skills, and prepare themselves to be the citizens of tomorrow.
These workshops are combined with the Alliance Francaise Ottawa book clubs to allow parents who wish to accompany their children to do so while also participating in intellectual exchanges.
The themes, in the form of simple questions, are drawn from reflections on the world, for example: Why can’t we do everything we want? What is friendship? What does it mean to be happy? What is the point of thinking? Why is it sometimes not fair?
- Learn to express one’s own opinions and to respect those of others
- Learn to think and exchange
- Develop vocabulary in French
- Understand a story and express themselves on it
- Learn the rules of debate
- Learn to formulate questions
- Understand simple questions and try to answer them
- Express agreement/disagreement
- Become familiar with the lexical field of each topic
Want to get more details? Get in touch with the AF Ottawa info dessk. We will be more than happy to help you.
SELECT A SESSION TO REGISTER